Are you aspiring to land a well-paying job in an exciting field with great potential? Well, pursuing an Advanced Data science course might do the trick. Almost all businesses hire professionals to study their data closely and provide them with helpful insights to enhance their company’s operations.
The Advanced Data Science Certificate Program offered by Rotman School of Management (University of Toronto) is one exceptional platform that provides its students with global-level data literacy employing data analytics tools and techniques. Let us look at the advantages of undertaking an Advanced Data Science Certificate Program to get a better insight.
8 Skills Derived from a Data Science Course
An Advanced Data Science Course is best-suited for people with a basic knowledge of data science to enhance their skills and stand a better chance at getting employed in reputed firms. Things one can learn from an Advanced Data Science Course are:
- Statistics and Probability: Data scientists use algorithms to extract helpful knowledge and insights from data to make informed decisions. Thus, estimation and prediction are prime for data analysis. The professionals detail the probable results by studying the past trends and statistics.
- Multivariate Calculus and Algebra: The knowledge of multivariate calculus is essential for developing a machine learning model. Some maths concepts required for a data analyst are derivatives, cost functions, the minimum and maximum value of a function. The Advanced Data Science Certificate Program at Rotman School of Management equips the individuals in these concepts.
- Programming: Data analysts require programming skills for transforming the derived data into actionable data. The most commonly used programming languages are R and Python. The Advanced Data Science Course familiarises the students with the programming languages to make them proficient data analysts.
- Data Wrangling: It is a process in which the professionals prepare their data for further analysis to make it ready for deriving helpful insights. It involves acquiring data, combining similar data, and cleansing it. It is a crucial skill taught in the Rotman School of Management while undertaking the Advanced Data Science Course.
- Database Management: Database management is a collective process of editing, indexing, and manipulating the database. It focuses on supporting a multiple-user environment. All students pursuing the Advanced Data Science Course are taught database management in-depth.
- Data Visualisation: The analysis derived from studying the data requires comprehensive presentation to render it beneficial. Thus, data visualisation that uses histograms, pie charts, time series, 3-D plots, scatter plots, bar charts, and relationship maps are essential.
- Cloud Computing: Data scientists often use cloud computing products to access resources. Platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google cloud provide access to the operational tools and databases needed by a data science professional. The Advanced Data Science Certificate Program teaches students about cloud computing and its operations.
- DevOps: DevOps is a technology that brings together software development with IT operations, aiming to shorten the development cycle and provide high software quality. Configuring, scaling, and managing the data requires good knowledge of DevOps, provided in the Advanced Data Science Certificate Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long is the Advanced Data Science Certificate Program?
The Advanced Data Science Certificate Program at Rotman School of Management is a 10-month course consisting of 40 lectures of 2.5 hours each.
- What is the Advanced Data Science Certificate Program syllabus?
The Advanced Data Science Program syllabus includes data science process, an interface between computer science and statistics, statistical techniques of data science, regression analysis, data modelling, data visualisation and presentation, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, data science for cybersecurity, building interactive dashboards, algorithm trading, data science in risk management, digitization and automation.
- Who should join the Advanced Data Science Certificate Program?
People looking forward to building a career in data analytics must join the Advanced Data Science Certificate Program. The eligibility for enrolling in the course is a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of engineering.
- What topics are covered in the Advanced Data Science Certificate Program?
The topics covered in the Advanced Data Science Certificate Program are Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning, data science process, digitization and automation, data visualisation and presentation, data science for cybersecurity, regression analysis, data modelling, building interactive dashboards, algorithm trading, etc.