Post Graduate Certificate Programme in
Banking and Finance - IIM Trichy
10:00 am to 1:15 pm
- Operational mechanisms of both banks and Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs)
- Functioning of fee-based financial services
- Conceptual frameworks governing the operations of the organizations
- Overarching regulations governing banks and NBFCs
- Array of products and innovative offerings such as Fintech and Analytics, provided by these institutions
- Marketing strategies employed by banks and other financial institutions to promote their products
Post Graduate Certificate from IIM Trichy
Executive Education Programme Alumni of IIM Trichy
Rigorous Pedagogy filled with case studies, group projects, and simulations
- Bachelor’s or Postgraduate Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD] awarded by:
a) Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or
b) Institutions declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or
c) Possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- A minimum post-qualification experience of 5 years is desirable.
- Reservations will be provided to eligible candidates as per Government of India norms.
IIM Trichy – PG Certificate Programme in Banking & Finance will be delivered through a mix of class lectures, case studies, group assignments, development of term papers, blogs and simulations.
Banking & Finance Programme Content
- Financial Statements and analysis
- Fundamentals of banking and financial services
- Introduction to financial markets and services
- Introduction and basic functioning of investment banks, venture capital and private equity
- Fixed income securities
- Management of forex
- Mergers and acquisitions in banking
- Basics of corporate finance and its application in banking and financial services
- Functioning of banks as well as other financial services firms
- Legal and regulatory framework for banking and financial services
- Risk Management in Banks and other financial services firms
- Project appraisal and financing
- Marketing of financial products
- Application of IT in banks and financial services
- Taxation of investments in India
- Basics of fintech, blockchain, and other technological innovations
- Essentials of business analytics
- Essentials of leadership in banking and financial services
- Strategy formulation and implementation; strategies in post-pandemic digital world
Note : *The in person sessions such as Virtual Live Classrooms and Campus immersions are subject to prevailing government rules pertaining to the pandemic. Jaro Education / Institute will keep all candidates updated accordingly
About IIM Trichy
IIM Tiruchirappalli (IIMT) is one of the fastest growing second generation IIMs with a full-fledged state-of-the-art campus spread over 174 acres. Started in 2011, the institute has established its name as one of the premier management institutions with capabilities in creating and disseminating management knowledge. The institute has over 44 faculty members with strong academic and industrial experience. Faculty members are from leading management educational institutions both from India, like IIMs and IITs, and also from foreign universities. The institute, apart from running flagship Post Graduate Programme in Management, also has doctoral programmes and post graduate programmes in business management for working managers.
Rank in Outlook ICARE Rankings 2020
Rank By NIRF 2022 (Management Category)
Rank by India Today
Programme Fee Details
Before Term 1
(5 Days from the release of offer letter)
Before Term 2
Before Term 3
- Any change in any of the applicable taxes during the tenure of the programme, to be borne by the participants
- Boarding and Lodging during campus visit provided by IIM Trichy
- Application fee is not included in the installment pattern
The Jaro Advantage
Jaro Expedite - Career Booster
Rigorously building the candidate’s profiles and resume scrutinizing their LinkedIn profiles. Jaro Education enables personalised feedback to boost overall virtual presence.
Moving forward with carefully curated resume reviews that ensures you are interview-ready for the workplace of tomorrow.
Get career assistance as per the profile and preferences. On average, get 5-6 job recommendations to enhance quality employment opportunities.
Career Enhancement Sessions
Bridging connectivity to link the best talent with organizations through eminent sessions from top-class industry speakers.
Note: IIM Trichy or Jaro Education do not guarantee or promise you a job or advancement in your existing position. Career Services is simply provided as a service to help you manage your career in a proactive manner. Jaro Education provides the Career Services described here. IIM Trichy is not involved in any way with the Career Services described above and offer no commitments.