Cyber security is a practice that defends servers, computers, electronic devices and systems, data and networks from malicious viruses and attacks. It is often known as Electronic Information Security or Information technology Security. Many professionals opt for the Certification for Cyber Security to enhance their technical knowledge. A Cyber Security Degree helps individuals land better work opportunities at a higher level in the domain.
Cyber Security has various categories that are listed as follows:
- Network Security – It is a practice to secure the computer networks from malicious attacks, intruders and hackers that takes advantage of a poorly protected firewall.
- Application Security – It focuses on protecting the devices and software from threats. An application can prove to be able to access the data to protect the viruses and other intruders. It all begins in the design stage.
- Information Security – It helps to protect the privacy of data and integrity, both in transit and storage of the data.
- End-user Education – It helps and addresses one of the cyber security factors, that is, the people, since anyone can introduce a virus into a system. The end-user education focuses on using good security practices to avoid such possibilities and make sure that everything is unhackable.
- Operational Security – It includes handling and protecting the data assets. Operational Security includes the permissions that a user gets while accessing the various networks or procedures to identify where the data is stored or categorised.
Types of Cyber Threats:
In Data Science and Cyber Security, there are various cyber threats that occur, and these are as follows:
- Malware – Malware is malicious software, meaning that a hacker has created a virus to damage the user’s computer or to access the information. It can be spread on an email attachment, download file, or any other online website very easily. Some of the malware include Viruses, Trojans, Ransomware, Botnets, Adware and Spyware.
- SQL Injection – SQL stands for Structured Language Query. SQL Injection is a kind of cyber-attack that is used to control or steal data from the database. The cybercriminals insert the malicious codes in the database using the SQL statements. It allows them to access the sensitive or confidential information included in the database.
- Phishing – Phishing is a process when cybercriminals attack the data through emails that look like an email from a legitimate company asking for more information related to your work. It is done for people to give their personal information, like credit card details or address, etc.
- Denial-of-service attack – It happens when cyber hackers or criminals avoid a computer system from a large number of servers and networks with the traffic. It makes the system unusable and prevents the company from carrying out significant functions.
Overall, Online Cyber Security Courses help professionals and individuals to receive more opportunities in the field and get promoted to a senior level. The scope of the Cyber Security Certifications for beginners is vast. Cyber security management allows analysts to create a program to avoid malicious viruses and attacks on the computer or electronic devices.
- What is Cyber Security? How does it impact businesses?
Cyber Security is a practice that defends servers, computers, electronic devices and systems, data and networks from malicious viruses and attacks. It is often known as Electronic Information Security or Information technology Security. Cyber Security avoids the leakage of financial information, including confidential data related to payment cards and banks. It further avoids the loss of money.
- What is the scope of Cyber Security Management?
The scope of Cyber Security Management is extremely wide. With a Cyber Security Program, you can be a Cybersecurity Analyst, CISO (Client Information Security Officer), work as a Network Security Engineer, Cybersecurity Manager, Security Architect, among many other designations.
- How can Data Science help Cyber Security Management?
In Cyber Security, data science is used to build data-driven protocols to protect security information. To protect the information, cyber security analysts develop different algorithms to analyse the cyberattacks and their history to detect the targeted data of the security information. It allows them to create a program to avoid malicious attacks.