STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT -
"Learn Strategic Management Techniques at the Convenience of your Home"
Duration : Three and Half Months
Mode : D2D (Direct to Device)
Fee : INR 1,25,000 + GST
Talk to our Programme Expert
Submit your details below to learn more about the course fee, curriculum, benefits, etc
Programme - Strategic Management will help participants in developing a mind-set and learning tools/ways to analyse internal and external environment of the organization, formulate strategy for their organizations and then implement it. Executives at all levels in the organization need to respond to the changing demands of their jobs as well as prepare themselves for the future management and leadership roles. Most of the industries now demand employees to strike a balance between their technical knowledge and managerial acumen. It is this industry-wide need for managerial acumen that the ‘Programme - Strategic Management’ seeks to contribute towards. The programme will equip participants with skills required to think strategically.
This programme from IIM Ahmedabad is a three and a half month long, intensive course, designed for leaders, senior functional managers, executives, and working professionals. The objective of this programme is to provide an integrated view of all the functional areas of management. This consists of various aspects like, Strategic planning, Strategic Execution, Strategy Application, etc. By learning Restructuring, Divestment, Acquisitions and Alliances, participants can contribute towards the decision making process and business success.
- It provides management education to working professionals while ensuring the desired priorities on quality of education and convenience to participants.
- It familiarizes the participants with important aspects of strategic management. At the end of the course, they should be able to analyse any industry and formulate strategy for the company they are working for.
- At the end of the programme, the participants should be able to analyse competition and industry, draw messages from the analysis and incorporate those messages in strategy formulation. Further, participants will also learn about various aspects and tools of implementing a strategy.
- The programme would be useful for the professionals who are in the key decision-making roles or aspire to be there in near future. It is also useful for entrepreneurs, strategy consultants, and managers who aspire to go up the hierarchy in their organizations.
Earn a certificate of participation from IIM Ahmedabad
Convenient Direct to Device learning
Lectures imparted by accomplished & experienced IIM Ahmedabad faculty
Complete understanding of the Strategic Management process
Designed for working professionals qualifying the below criteria:
- Graduate (10+2+3 or equivalent) in any discipline with minimum 50% from a recognised university
- Proven work experience of min 5 years with proficiency in English language
- Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of educational and professional background and motivation based on the application form submitted
- Participants are assessed on the basis of Online Interaction and attendance criteria fulfillment
- Participants will be awarded Certificate of Participation at the end of the Programme
- Case discussions
- Group Assignments
The course will use case method pedagogy. Real life cases will be given to the participants on different topics related to strategy; it will be mandatory for the participants to come prepared for the session with the case analysis. Assignment questions given for the case will be discussed in the session to help participants understand various concepts and learn how to take strategic decisions.
At the end of the course, eligible participants will receive a certificate of participation of the programme from IIM Ahmedabad subject to fulfilment of attaining overall 70% attendance.
- Programme Fees
- Important Dates
- Any change in any of the applicable taxes during the tenure of the programme, to be borne by the participants
- Boarding and Lodging during campus visit provided by IIM Ahmedabad
- Application fee is not included in the Installment pattern
- Last date of receipt of application : July 31, 2020
- Registration & Initial payment of fee (Last date) : Aug 6, 2020
- Technical Orientation and briefing by JARO : August 21, 2020
- Programme Start Date / D2D [online] Class starts : August 22, 2020
- Programme End Date : November, 2020
Strategy Analysis and Business Strategy Formulation
Corporate Strategy (Growth Strategies)
Prof. Chitra Singla
Prof. Chitra Singla is a faculty in the Business Policy Area (also known as Strategic Management) of Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad. She teaches courses on Strategic Management, International Business, Family Business Dynamics, Strategy in Emerging Markets, and Corporate Governance in MBA, PhD, and Executive Education Programs of the institute.
Her research interest lies at the intersection of International Business, Family Businesses, and Corporate Governance. Her current work is looking at the family business firms and SMEs in India.
She is mainly examining the extent and mode of internationalization in such firms vis-a-vis non-family firms. Prof. Singla has published her work in the top ranked international journals and got many research awards. She is a member of Editorial Review Board of a prestigious international journal-‘Management International Review’. She is a consultant to ‘International Trade Centre’-a joint agency of United Nations and WTO.
She has provided consultation related to strategic decisions to SMEs in India and Dubai that are family businesses or first generation entrepreneurial firms. She has also provided training in ‘Sharpening Your Strategic Foresight’ to the middle and top management of some of the listed family businesses. She is faculty chair of various executive education programmes like ‘Young Entrepreneurs Programme’, ‘Strategy for winning in international markets’, and ‘Succeeding in Emerging Markets’. Read more...
About IIM Ahmedabad
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM Ahmedabad) is a premier public business school established in 1961 and located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. The institute has been instrumental in influencing the business landscape of India at a large scale. With the highest proportion of BSE 500 CEO’s coming from IIM Ahmedabad many corporations across different parts of the globe hire candidates from here for a wide range of functions. It has been consistently ranked as the premier management school in the country by several international agencies. In 2016, the Financial Times ranked IIM Ahmedabad #16 worldwide in its Master in Management Ranking and the QS Global 250 MBA Rankings 2018 ranked it 49 in the world. In India, IIM Ahmedabad has been ranked first in InsideIIM's list of "India's Most Desirable B-Schools - 2019" among all Indian business schools.