Earning an online MBA can be a great investment in your future, but it is important to do your research before enrolling. Accreditation is an important factor to consider when choosing an online MBA programme, as it ensures certain quality standards from an institution. In this article, we will explore what accreditation means, how it’s applied to the best online MBA programmes, and why it’s so important when choosing the right programme for you.
What is an MBA accreditation?
An MBA accreditation is a seal of approval that indicates that an MBA programme from a particular B-school meets certain standards. The standards are set by an independent body.
There are several things to consider when choosing an online MBA programme. One important factor is whether the programme is accredited. An accredited course that has been vetted by an independent body is extremely valuable.
Why is Accreditation Important for Online MBA Programmes?
Here are 4 major reasons to only go for an online MBA course that has proper accreditation:
Guarantees Quality of Education
- There are many online MBA courses available, but not all are created equal. One way to ensure you’re getting a quality education is to choose a programme that is accredited by a reputable organisation.
- Accreditation means that the programme has been evaluated and found to meet certain standards. This gives you an assurance that the education you’re receiving is of high quality.
- So make sure your online MBA programme is also accredited by a regional or national accreditation body. This will give you additional assurance that the programme meets high standards.
- With so many online MBA programmes to choose from, it’s important to do your research to find one that will give you the best return on your investment. An accredited programme is a good place to start from.
Has National/International Recognition
An online MBA programme that has national or international recognition can give your career a boost. Employers often look favourably at candidates with an MBA from a well-known school. If you want to work in a top company or pursue a leadership role, an online MBA from a highly respected institution can give you an edge over the competition. One of the easiest ways to ensure the reputation of your institution is by checking if it is accredited by independent bodies or not.
A Better Metric Than Ranking
- To choose the right online MBA programme for you, it is important to look at more than just the school’s ranking. While rankings can be a helpful metric, they are not the only thing to consider. Other factors, such as accreditation, can give you a better idea of what a school has to offer.
- Rankings can be influenced by many factors, such as how well-known the school is or how much money it spends on marketing. However, accreditation is not influenced by these factors. Instead, it looks at things like the quality of the faculty, curriculum, and facilities. This makes it a more reliable metric than ranking when choosing an online MBA programme.
Major MBA Accreditation Bodies in India
There are several major MBA accreditation bodies in India, each with its own specific process and set of standards. Here are a few:
University Grants Commission
The University Grants Commission (UGC) is a statutory body set up by the Government of India in 1953 to oversee the development of higher education in the country. The UGC is an important accreditation body for online MBA programmes in India. Any online MBA course that is seeking recognition from the UGC must meet certain standards set by the commission. These standards relate to the quality of education offered by the programme, as well as other factors such as faculty qualifications, student support services, and so on. In 1994, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) was also established as an autonomous body of the UGC.
All India Council for Technical Education
The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is the apex body for technical education in India. The AICTE accredits and regulates technical education institutions at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. It also provides quality assurance through periodic reviews of institutions.
Association Of Indian Universities
The Association of Indian Universities (AIU) is a membership-based organisation representing universities in India. AIU-accredited university programmes have recognition in India and abroad.
When choosing an online MBA programme, it is important to consider the accreditation of the programme. The Association of Indian Universities can provide valuable information about the accreditation of online MBA programmes.
Take your career to the next level with an Online MBA Programme offered by Manipal University Jaipur
Accredited by AICTE, NAAC and other major accreditation bodies, the online MBA programme at Manipal University Jaipur is known for its quality and attention to detail. The two-year programme is geared towards building new skill sets and gaining a managerial or entrepreneurial edge in the business world. The flexible nature of the course allows you to study at your own pace without quitting your job. Lastly, this programme speaks for itself with its practical curriculum and knowledgeable faculty comprising industry experts. Enroll in this or other Manipal University online courses today to experience the difference.
Accreditation is essential when selecting an online MBA programme. Accredited courses give students the assurance that they are receiving a quality education, one that will be recognised and respected in their chosen field. Accreditation also helps students compare programmes to make sure they get the best possible experience out of their studies. While there are many factors to consider when choosing an online MBA course, accreditation should always be at the top of your list.