7 things to know about Executive MBA in Financial Markets
An Executive MBA gives you the option of pursuing an MBA after you have already started and moved up in your career. The major difference between an MBA and an Executive MBA is that an Executive MBA allows you to continue your full-time day job and pursue a course simultaneously.
Executive MBA in Finance is a specialization that emphasizes management studies, investment, and finance. It includes core subjects like International Finance, Structured Finance, Corporate Finance, etc.
What is an Executive MBA in Financial Markets?
Executive MBA in Financial Markets is a contemporary specialization in the study of financial markets in India and abroad.
The course is one of a kind with portfolio management, equity and bond market analysis, foreign exchange, and other derivative markets. These topics are all methods of raising capital by a company in a national/global financial market.
In collaboration with Guru Nanak Institute of Management Studies (GNIMS), the NSE Academy Ltd aims to provide an opportunity to people from all walks of life to pursue an Executive MBA in Financial Markets.
7 Things about Executive MBA in Financial Markets
Here are 7 things you need to know about an Executive MBA in Financial Markets by NSE Academy and GNIMS:
- AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) has approved this course. It is the only certificate in Executive MBA in which the National Stock Exchange (NSE) is a joint partner.
- The course uses a blend of weekend offline classes and online trading practice.
- The criteria for applying for an Executive MBA in Financial Market is a minimum of 50 percent marks in graduation from any UGC-approved University. This course is not limited to students with excellent grades from premier universities. The broad criteria allow individuals from diverse backgrounds to join this course.
- The Executive MBA program is specially designed to fit the needs of working individuals. It spans over the weekends or evening classes. Hence, working during the day is possible. It enables professionals to meet job targets while learning.
- The program covers stock trading, capital market, laws, regulatory bodies, national and global financial markets. It also delves into banking and its role in trading. This curriculum gives students a unique edge over their peers in the world of financial markets.
- It offers simulated market trading exposure through an app, NAL, created by NSE. The app provides real-time practice in the financial market. It helps gain experience within the time duration of the course.
- The program combines traditional business management studies and live training to build an optimized skill set, increasing employability and making placement a lot easier. Higher leadership and managerial roles will open up after completion of this course.
- Student interactions and real-time exposure to working professionals and experts from the NSE will give students a competitive advantage over others. This unique feature will help students of this program gain expert insight into the world of financial markets by leading professionals themselves.
An Executive MBA in Financial Market is an optimal choice for working professionals who have already started their careers and wish to upgrade their skill set. It is a powerful combination of the core strengths of the NSE Academy Ltd and GNIMS.
The benefits of this course reflect on your career in direct and indirect ways. The flexibility provided by such a course can help them manage their time and increase their opportunity for placement through real-time learning and upskilling.
- Do we need to give the entrance exam for the Executive MBA in Financial Markets?
No, you do need to appear for an entrance exam to apply for an Executive MBA in Financial Markets.
- How valuable is an Executive MBA in Financial Markets?
An Executive MBA has equal value as a regular MBA. In some ways, it has more value as you can pursue it along with a full-time job. After getting an Executive MBA, the chances of getting placed or promoted increase.
- What is eligibility for an Executive MBA in Financial Markets?
The criteria for applying for an Executive MBA in Financial Market is a minimum of 50 percent marks in graduation from any UGC-approved University.
- What are the subjects in Executive MBA in Financial Markets?
The subjects taught in this program include Principles of Management, Banking, Financial Institution-Commercial Banking in India, Macroeconomics, Change Management, Live Trading Strategies, Investment Analysis, Portfolio Management, Mutual Funds management, Equity Derivatives, etc.